Facials in Everett: The Facts
February 26, 2015
After massages, facials are the next most popular treatment at spas, and for good reason. A facial is an excellent way to care for the skin on your face and neck as it beautifully cleans, exfoliates and moisturizes to create a younger-looking appearance and a clear and radiant complexion. Facials in Everett are available to help you look and feel your best for everyday wear or a special occasion.
There are several components to the facial process that contribute to its beneficial properties:
- Initial consultation – A discussion with an esthetician about your lifestyle, typical diet, water and supplement intake, skin care regimen and products that you use will provide a basis for the most advantageous way to proceed with your facial.
- Skin cleansing – With a sponge, wipes or cotton pads your face and neck will be carefully cleaned of makeup and excess oils.
- Skin analysis – The esthetician will examine your skin to determine what products will produce the most effective results for your skin type.
- Warm steam – A light spray of warm steam softens the skin and loosens whiteheads and blackheads.
- Exfoliation – Through either chemical or mechanical means, your skin will be relieved of dead skin.
- Extraction – If desired or required, blackheads and whiteheads will be removed.
- Massage – Skin will be stimulated yet relaxed with a wonderful face and neck massage.
- Mask and additional treatment – A facial mask will be applied and then washed away. Final product application includes toner, serum, moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Advice – Home care will be covered.