How To Take Care of Your Skin in Cold Weather
September 20, 2012
When the whether starts to get chilly dry skin can become an unsightly and uncomfortable plague. Not only do wind, rain, and snow promote flaky skin, they also increase ageing, promote fine-lines, and drain your skin of valuable nutrients. Allow Everett Spa Services to take care of your skin so that you can get back to looking and feeling your best! At Levisage Wellness Center, we offer a wide selection of spa services such as luxurious facials and skin care treatments.
The Weight of Winter
When it’s freezing outside every shop, house, school, and workplace runs their heater—this is your skin’s unknown enemy. When the heater is on, moisture is being drained from the air, which in turn dries your skin out. Once outside, the surface capillaries on your skin are damaged by passing winds—each one draining your skin of more moisture.
If you participate in a lot of winter sports like skiing, you should be extra cautious with your skin because it is losing tons of moisture every time you move at a fast pace through the chilly air.
Tips to Improve your Winter Complexion
Thankfully, there are ways to keep our skin healthy throughout the winter months. Here are a few quick tips…
- Drink lots of water!
- Hot showers are tempting when it’s cold outside but they can dry out your skin.
- Use rich moisturizers to lather your skin at least 2 times a day. Try for right when you get out of the shower and always before bed. Get extra amounts on your knees, elbows, hands, and feet.
- It will only make a small difference, but adding plants to your indoor environment will put more moisture into the air, as they naturally let off water vapor. Purchasing a humidifier can do the same trick much more efficiently.
- Our lips have zero oil glands and so they suffer the most. To combat, provide them with ample amounts of your favorite chapstick or Vaseline.
- Mid-winter the produce section isn’t bursting with fruits and veggies; this does nothing to help our skin! Take a supplement and monitor your diet to make sure you are getting the right amount of anti-oxidants and phyto-nutrients.
Everett Spa Services will keep your skin looking its best! Enjoy a perfect complexion even in the coldest months of winter. Contact us to schedule your next appointment at 425-905-2410 or by clicking Here.