Learn More about Swedish Massage in Mukilteo
February 2, 2016
In all likelihood, if you visit a spa for a simple massage without knowing exactly what type you want, that your treatment will at least be based in part on Swedish massage in Mukilteo. Founded by Pehr Henrik Ling in the 1800s, Swedish massage is best known for improving poor circulation, relieving stress, calming sore muscles, removing tension and unwanted toxins from the body.
As the most popular form of massage in the United States, Swedish massage is often utilized as an accompaniment to traditional medical treatments for various conditions. There are 5 basic movements or techniques that make up Swedish massage:
- Effleurage – Long, gliding strokes can be applied firmly or gently, as the situation requires.
- Petrissage – The process of compression and relaxation of muscles, also known as kneading, alleviates muscle knots and tension.
- Tapotement – Repeated, steady percussive tapping with the fingers, palm or the side of the hand is effective in relieving stress.
- Vibration – Vigorous shaking of each individual limb loosens tense muscles.
- Friction massage – This methodology works deeply into the tissues.
While a single Swedish massage session is tremendously beneficial, studies have proven that repeat treatments offer the most benefit for individuals who frequently experience muscle soreness and tension.
Le Visage Wellness is pleased to provide all types of spa treatments, including Swedish massage in Mukilteo. Call our salon today at (425)905-2410 with questions about your personalized massage session or to book your appointment. Our experienced staff offers massages in a calm, relaxing environment that you will feel comfortable in and enjoy.