At Le Visage Wellness Center we understand the importance of choosing a provider that serves you best. We offer naturopathic adjunctive care including but not limited to
- fertility and hormonal concerns
- gastrointestinal complaints
- weight loss
- regenerative injection therapy, and
- thyroid concerns.
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession, emphasizing prevention, treatment, and optimal health using therapeutic methods and substances that encourage individuals’ inherent self-healing process. The practice of naturopathic medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods.
The following principles are the foundation of naturopathic medical practice:
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam): The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
o Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
o Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and
o Acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Naturopathic physicians educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, naturopathic physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
Naturopathic practice can include the following diagnostic and therapeutic modalities:
- clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing
- nutritional medicine
- botanical medicine
- naturopathic physical medicine (including naturopathic manipulative therapy)
- public health measures
- minor surgery
- prescription medication
- intravenous and injection therapy, and
- naturopathic obstetrics (natural childbirth).
Naturopathic medicine may surprise you at it’s ability to help treat any number of conditions and ailments. Contact us today at (425)905-2410 to learn more about our services.