Facials in Edmonds for Winter Skin Care
Even if you take great care of your skin, it is often challenging to maintain hydration and smoothness during the winter, especially when it has been as cold as it has recently. There are many strategies you can follow to lessen redness, increase moisturizer benefits and remove common problems in cold, dry temperatures. While there are numerous facials in Edmonds that can help you, there are also reliable home self-care remedies, too.
- A healthy lifestyle is vital to good skincare. Getting adequate sleep, eating correctly and exercise help all the body’s organs, and that includes the skin, the body’s largest organ. There is, however, no single formula that works for everyone.
- During cold weather, focus on the protective barrier of the skin that is made up of oils and fatty acids. Not eating as many inflammatory foods will aid in balancing the skin and promoting overall health and well-being.
- Keeping the body warm, inside and out, is highly beneficial. Taking in warm foods and drinks, while making sure the body is well-covered helps maintain moisture.
- Utilizing gentle skin care products that cleanse without drying ensures that dead skin cells are removed without harming the layers below. Moisturizers will be able to work better, and there will be no irritation.
- Hydration is critical but replenishing oils or creams are valued, as well.
- Essential oils can help solve winter skin issues but must only be used by those with training in their use, as the medicinal properties that some oils contain can damage skin when not appropriately applied.