Indulge Yourself with a Swedish Massage in Everett
While a masseuse is trained in all types of different massage treatments, they are all uniquely based, at least partly, on the Swedish massage in Everett. In existence for more than 200 years and developed by Pehr Henrik Ling, Swedish massage has a multitude of health benefits, including stress relief, improvement for poor circulation, relaxing sore muscles and removing unwelcome toxins from the body.
Swedish massage is the most popular type of massage in the US and can often be utilized, as well, as complementary to traditional medical treatment for a variety of medical conditions. Five basic techniques encompass Swedish massage:
- Effleurage – Firm or gentle gliding strokes along the length of the treatment area.
- Petrissage – Kneading motions that compress and relax muscles are welcome for relieving tension and the loosening of muscle knots.
- Tapotement – The side of the hand, fingers or palm is applied in repeated and steady percussive tapping to relieve stress.
- Vibration – Tense muscles are relaxed by the vigorous shaking of individual limbs.
- Friction massage – Deep tissues are reached with this technique.
A single Swedish massage session is highly beneficial but research proves that regularly scheduled treatments offer the most benefit for those who experience frequent tension and muscle soreness.
Le Visage Wellness is pleased to supply your local avenue for Swedish massage in Everett. Call us at (425)905-2410 with inquiries about massage sessions or to book an appointment. Our experienced clinicians offer massages in a calm, comfortable environment that provides relaxation and relief for your muscle soreness and tension.