Naturopathic Fertility Treatments in Edmonds for Conception Problems
June 20, 2018
Unfortunately, a diagnosis of infertility is more common than many people believe. In fact, 1 in 6 couples experience problems with conceiving and maintaining pregnancy. There are numerous options available to these individuals, even naturopathic fertility treatments in Edmonds.
There are 2 types of infertility. Primary infertility is the inability to conceive for a year or more. Couples who have had children before but are not able to achieve additional pregnancies are considered to have secondary infertility.
Causes for sterility are many, and include:
- Ovulation disorders. Hormonal imbalance is the main cause of this issue and can be due to obesity or low body weight, stress, endocrine gland problems, poor nutrition, meagre egg health, long term use of birth control and genetic predisposition.
- Inadequate sperm count. A healthy sperm count is 20 million or more per mL. Any amount less is considered low. This may be the result of illness like cancer, injury to reproductive organs, genetic reasons, anti-sperm antibodies, smoking, poor diet, stress, environmental factors, tight clothing and drinking alcohol.
- Unhealthy sperm. This covers sperm mobility and shape.
- Obstructed fallopian tubes. When the tubes are blocked, the egg is unable to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. Causes include an ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis, PID or pelvic inflammatory disease or uterine fibroids.
- PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Combined infertility, where both parties have fertility problems.
- Unexplained infertility.
For natural ways to combat this widespread issue, contact Le Visage Wellness today at (206) 279-3440 to discuss your choices for naturopathic fertility treatments in Edmonds. We would be happy to schedule you for a private consultation and physical exam to determine how we can help. Call us for additional information.