Shoulder Massage in Everett for Rotator Cuff Injuries
November 3, 2016
Rotator cuff injuries can encompass a variety of issues that cause pain, including, irritation, muscle or tendon tears or sprains. Although there are many causes, a rotator cuff problem may be the result of poor posture when utilizing the computer or other electronic device. A professional shoulder massage in Everett can relieve discomfort and loosen tight muscles.
The rotator cuff is made up of 4 muscles whose combined function is to maintain stability of the arm bone or humerus during all types of arm movements. When the rotator cuff is damaged in some way, normal function is disrupted and pain ensues.
Causes of rotator cuff pain could be due to:
- Bursitis – Irritation or inflammation or irritation of the fluid-filled sac or bursa between tendons and the shoulder.
- Tendinitis -Inflamed tendons.
- Tear – Overuse of tendons or muscles can lead to tears within them.
- Poor posture – Hunching over for long periods.
- Repetitive motions – Repeated movement that uses the shoulder muscles.
- Pulling or lifting – Items that are too heavy can cause severe strain.
- Age – An unfortunate fact of life.
Massaging the shoulder increases blood circulation, nutrient flow and oxygen, which all help the healing process. Rotator cuff issues can be quite painful, and cause unwelcome disruption to our already busy lives. A single shoulder massage, or even better, regularly scheduled massages can offer pain relief and increased range of motion.
Call us at Le Visage Wellness today at (425)905-2410 to learn more about therapeutic shoulder massage in Everett from our healing experts. We look forward to working with you to relieve your pain through effective massage techniques.