Why Choose PRP in Mukilteo for Your Injury?
Platelet rich plasma or PRP in Mukilteo is an exciting and innovative treatment option for orthopedic issues, damaged soft tissues and chronic pain. A patient’s own blood is drawn from either fat tissue or bone marrow and separated in a centrifuge. The beneficial platelets and growth factors are injected back into the body directly into the source of pain or injury.
This therapy works especially well for:
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Arthritis or osteoarthritis, particularly in the knees
- Torn or sprained ligaments
- Tendon problems
- Sports injuries
- Problems with the sacroiliac
- Hand injuries
- Chronic pain in areas like the back, shoulders, neck and knees
- Loss of flexibility and balance, instability and stiffness
Since the platelet rich plasma contains growth factors that restore injured tissues, it naturally triggers inflammation and collagen production in the injection site. Several doses are typically required, spaced over several months, depending on the severity of the problem.
PRP procedures are quite safe
There are many benefits to PRP treatment. They include:
- Successfully treat chronic pain and injuries without chemicals
- Reduces symptoms of tendonitis
- Lessens osteoarthritis symptoms
- Heals conditions such as runner’s knee and plantar fasciitis
- Decreases pain in the lower back
- Restores hair growth naturally
- Promotes healing in oral and dental surgery
PRP differs from traditional approaches to pain management in that it involves less risk and the results are more permanent. However, PRP is practice by only a small percentage of trained medical specialists.
This therapy is quite safe and has few, if any, side effects. Mild discomfort can be relieved by icing the affected area or taking an OTC pain reliever until healing processes begin.