Your Checklist for Bikini Waxing in Lynnwood
July 1, 2016
Bikini waxing in Lynnwood is an excellent way to prepare for that special event or a trip to the beach. As with any procedure, there is a risk for infection. Problems such as skin burns from wax that is too hot, small skin tearing, bleeding, in-grown hairs, pain, abscesses and bacterial infections are all possible but definitely preventable.
There are steps you can take to significantly reduce your risk of infection, and they include:
- Patronizing salons that are clean and have good recommendations.
- Ensuring the towels and linens that are being used are clean.
- Making certain that the clinician has washed his/her hands before the procedure and uses sterile gloves.
- Utilizing a new applicator for each dip of wax.
- Going over each area of skin only once.
Know that the chance of infection is low but it really pays to be aware of your surroundings, the equipment that is used and to communicate your concerns with your clinician. A waxing experience can be a positive one for all parties when specific measures for cleanliness are enforced. If your skin is particularly sensitive, it may be wise to take a mild pain reliever before your visit so that your discomfort is minimal.
For a top-rated salon that specializes in all types of spa treatments in a relaxing and safe environment, schedule your appointment for bikini waxing in Lynnwood with Le Visage Wellness at (425)905-2410. We have the experience and expertise to effectively complete virtually any spa request that you desire. Call us today!